How We Use Information
Last updated: 12 June 2015
AnotherTicket is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, and then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
AnotherTicket may collect the following information from its website. We collect personal information from you and from devices (including mobile or smart phone devices) you use to access or use our Services. This personal information we collect includes, but is not limited to, personal information of the kinds described below:
- Information you provide us when registering with AnotherTicket, which may include name, physical address, email address, telephone and/or mobile phone number;
- Financial information such PayPal account information, credit card, debit card or bank account information, as this personal information is only processed by the third party payment processor PayPal;
- Transactional information based on your activities on AnotherTicket and through our Services (such as information on your buying and selling activity, ticket information and other content you generate or that relates to your account);
- Postage, billing and other information you provide to purchase or list a ticket;
- Information provided in the context of user ratings and reviews, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites and Services, or correspondence sent to us;
- Additional information you may be asked to provide in order to verify your identity or other information pertaining to your account or listings. Such information may include name and address of legal representatives and beneficial owners, date of birth, nationality, and copies of your passport and/or other identification documents.
- Information you provide us when registering with AnotherTicket Services, which may include name, physical address, email address, telephone and/or mobile phone number;
- Financial information such PayPal account information, credit card, debit card or bank account information and other information required to process your payments; as this personal information is only processed by the third party payment processor PayPal;
- Payment transaction information;
- Additional information that may be necessary to verify your or your business’ identity and comply with anti-money laundering regulations or similar laws. Such information may include the name and address of legal representatives and beneficial owners, date of birth, nationality, articles of association, and copies of your passport and/or other identification documents.
Personal information we collect using Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies
Personal information from other sources
- We may supplement the information we collect from you with information from third parties and add it to your account information. This may include demographic information that is publically available, additional contact information and other information required to verify your or your identity. We may combine information you give us with information we collect from other sources and use it for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
- For Marketplace Services only: We may allow you to share information with third party social media sites, or use social media sites or other sites to create or connect to your account. Those social media sites may give us access to certain personal information stored by them (e.g. content viewed and information about the advertisements within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on etc.). You can control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on that third party site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access. By associating an account managed by a third party with your account and authorising AnotherTicket to have access to this information, you agree that AnotherTicket may collect, use and store the information provided by these sites in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with their consent. You agree to inform them that we have collected their personal information and tell them how we collect, use and disclose the personal information.
Choice of how your information is communicated
You have a choice about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, send you marketing information (Marketplace Services only), and provide you with customised and relevant advertising (Marketplace Services only).
- You can control how and when you want to receive notifications from AnotherTicket about your buying and selling activities and the methods by which we may contact you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also choose which newsletters and promotions you want to receive.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the link in the email you received, contact us via email or indicate your preferences within the direct communication from us.
Access to your personal data
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access or correct it.
- You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to your account. Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
- Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law.
- We will honour any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. You can contact email@example.com to request access. Where you have a legal right to request access or request the correction of information, we can still withhold that access or decline to correct information in some cases in accordance with applicable law, but will give you reasons if we do so.
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorisation controls.
Cookies may be set by the website you are visiting (‘first party cookies’) or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing (‘third party cookies’).
What is in a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set
Some people find the idea of a website storing information on their computer or mobile device a bit intrusive, particularly when this information is stored and used by a third party without them knowing. Although this is generally quite harmless you may not, for example, want to see advertising that has been targeted to your interests. If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functions of that website.
By using our site we assume you have given consent to receive cookies. Please read on for more information on cookies and resources to help you manage cookies on your device.
How can I manage my cookies?
Your web browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox...) allows you to control cookie settings. Visit AboutCookies.org to read their guide on how to change settings on major browsers, along with more information about cookies.
The Do Not Track preference?
There is a browser setting known as Do Not Track, which works the same way as opting out of cookies on our site. You can enable or disable Do Not Track for your browser, visit the DoNotTrack.us site for more information.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
To de-activate the cookies,
- Choose Tools and then Internet Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- Move the slider to choose your preferred settings.
For more specialised cookie settings click on Advanced, check the ‘Override cookie handling’ button and modify the settings to suit your requirements.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Questions or Complaints
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or our global privacy or information handling processes, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or to make raise a complaint, please contact us on email@example.com or write to the data controller at:
Another Ticket Limited
11 Richmond Road
United Kingdom (UK)
If you do not feel satisfied with our response, you can always contact your local data protection authority or the Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données in Luxembourg directly.